Experience Arthritis Relief with Our Chiropractic Health Clinic in Omaha, Nebraska
At the Chiropractic Health Clinic, our Omaha chiropractor team works with hundreds of people every year dealing with the stress and strain of arthritic pain. This common condition often responds quite well to the natural chiropractic care service we offer at our facility, and we'd love to help you or a loved one find effective relief!
Arthritis means joint inflammation, and there are over 100 different ways that this condition can present. A few of the most common types you've probably heard of before include:
- Osteoarthritis: joint inflammation caused by chronic wear and tear on the joint, which can lead to degradation of protective cartilage lining, decreased joint space, and painful bone-on-bone rubbing
- Gout: joint inflammation caused by a build-up of uric acid crystals within the joints, caused by too much uric acid in the blood (uric acid is a by-product of the breakdown of purines found in foods like alcohol and certain types of meat or fish); gouty flare-ups can cause red, swollen, painful, and hot joints (common in the big toe and the knee)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: joint inflammation caused when the immune system mistakenly attacks joint tissue as a foreign invader; this can lead to painful joint stiffness and joint deformity
Overall hallmarks of the condition include painful and stiff joints, joint instability and deformity, muscle weakness surrounding the joint, and decreased ability to bear weight through or use the joint.
Common Risk Factors for Arthritis
A variety of factors will influence whether you develop arthritis and/or how severe it becomes. This includes:
- Advancing age (although even young children can get certain types of arthritis)
- History of injury in the joint
- History of overuse and repetitive strain on the joint
- The presence of other underlying health conditions including obesity
- Frequent ingestion of known pro-inflammatory substances, including sugar and alcohol
How an Omaha Chiropractor Can Help You Manage Your Arthritis Pain
Our services are great for people suffering from arthritis and can address this issue in multiple ways:
- Chiropractic adjustments can relieve pain by stimulating the release of natural analgesics and improving the alignment of your affected joints
- Trigger point therapy to relax nearby tissues that are strained from the underlying joint injury
- Corrective exercises for tissue healing, pain relief, and joint stabilization/range of motion
- Nutritional counseling and postural screens to help you adjust your lifestyle and diet for greater joint health
Ready to Discover Natural Relief from Your Arthritis Pain? Contact the Chiropractic Health Clinic in Omaha, Nebraska Today to Schedule an Appointment
Contact our clinic in Omaha, NE by calling 402-778-5470 to schedule an appointment with an experienced chiropractor near you.